December 19, 2005

My Weight Loss Blog, Week 5

Woohoo - halfway to the finish line! Today is the official start of Week Number 5 out of 8, so 4 weeks are down, with 4 left to finish.

This morning's weight was 169.5, with a bodyfat percentage of 14.1%! Yay! That is down a total of 5 1/2 pounds since I started, and 2 complete percentage points of bodyfat! I look and feel better than I have in a very long time, and this effort has SO been worth it!

I also start getting to wear my 25% pin since I am over 25% towards my long-term goal!

However, all of that being said, now that we are in the 2nd half of the goal setting time period, I need to crank everything up for the next 4 weeks. Despite my good progress so far, I haven't really been "putting the pedal to the metal" as far as exercise goes, and I need to do that for these last 4 weeks.

I have been exercising regularly, although not as intensely as possible, and I took this past Saturday off completely. I am still cross training, which I'm sure is one of the reasons for my success. Every single day is something new on the exercise schedule, and I have been making great use of the EyeToy:Kinetic workout game that I bought as well.

This coming up week will not entail any additional exercise, but the exercise sessions themselves will all be ramped up a notch. I am also going to throttle back a point or two on carbohydrate intake in the evenings, although nothing major there. I need my carbs for energy! :)

Okay, that's it for your halftime update. Stand by for the 2nd half of this broadcast as people continue to see less and less of me.... :)

-- Aaron

No comments: